XMS Cash is the market innovative solution for Cash Reconciliation. Deploying state of the art technologies and business intelligence, XMS Cash performs superior matching functionality and highest possible STP rates. Operating either in real time or in batch mode, XMS Cash brings substantial improvements to a firm’s operational efficiency and risk management.
Exceptions Detection and Management
Thanks to STP abilities (see XMS STP), XMS Cash turns out to be a powerfull eXception Management System : exceptions are actively monitored to ensure quick and efficient resolution. As soon as they appear, exceptions are identified and automatically directed to appropriate user(s) for rapid and efficient resolution. For either a single exception or a group of exceptions, a case is created. User-defined rule(s) streamline the investigation path, the resolution flow. The exception(s) case includes :
- related exceptions and correspondences (in & out ; internal & external)
- note book : any comment (based on templates), any other relevant information (text and/or image insertion), user can add up as many notes as needed
- full or semi automated follow-ups based on pre-defined templates, and pre-defined scheduling
- dynamic and multi way dashboard grouping exceptions by : number of notes, number of follow-ups, valuation ranges, risk levels, ages range, ... and by any combination of these
- single point of access for all exceptions details (among others : original message)
Continuous improvement of Operational Efficiency
The amount of accurate statistical data significantly improves STP rates and operational performances. The statistics relating to matches or outstanding data (expressed in numbers, percentages or values) are useful to assess the quality of :
- matching parameters
- data received from the parties : correspondents, agents, counterparts, brokers, custodians, managing third parties, ....
Taking advantage of XMS STP capabilities, XMS Cash continuously monitors the activity and proactively alerts users in charge of operations needing attention and/or intervention before they become a real problem. User-defined alerts :
- highlight a large range of elements linked to the performance of the system as well as breaks in transactional chain
- provide a unique control on the system in respect of priorities and risk’s levels
Fine-tuning alerts’ definition drastically reduces the need to process manual actions (inquiries, reports’ edition).
In the same way, XMS Cash interacts wih other applications. Under pre-defined condition(s), actions are triggered to give the hand to implied systems (in the workflow). In other words, XMS Cash drives the transactional chain and thus enhances operational fluidity.
- connection to front, middle and back office systems (general ledger)
- starting or exiting a programme
- sending e-mails
- writing/reading in databases, repositories, ...
- connection to financial messaging systems
- connection to SWIFT interfaces
- generation and validation of SWIFT messages
XMS Cash reduces the number of manual interventions to the bare minimum, realising highest possible STP rates. The advantage can be directly measured in terms of risk control and operational efficiency.
Integration of all standard and non-standard message formats SWIFT, FIX, SIC/EUROSIC, SECOM, CODA, flat files (CSV, …), EXCEL, XML, EUCLID (Euroclear), …
Fully SWIFT compliant
- Integration of incoming messages
- Generation and validation of outgoing messages
- Use of a “SWIFT Solutions Partner” labeled interface
XMS Cash handles (integrates and reconcilies) the whole range of MT SWIFT :
- MT940, MT950, MT970, MT942 (interim transaction report), MT608 (precious metal statement)
- MT210 : notice to receiver
- MT202/5 : general transfers
- MT900/10 : debit/credit notice
- MT103 : single customer credit transfer
- MT400 : statement of payment
=> Complete Automation of the Reconciliation Process
XMS Cash : highest matching rates
User-defined matching rules are fully flexible and ensure that a maximum of transactions are processed straight through, enhancing STP rates and facilitating the focus on exception management.
- User-defined matching rules (GUI)
- Unlimited matching sets (set of reconciliation rules)
- Unlimited reconciliation rules (within a matching set)
- Flexible rules : any field can be used as criterion in rules’definition
- Flexible rules : matching with tolerance (aggregation functions), for example to avoid rounding mistakes, etc.
- Restrictions (filters) on matching set and/or on rule. For example : specific set for specific accounts’ group ; specific rule for specific transactions’ type ; etc.
- Data enhancement in case of poor data, differently referenced information, ... in order to create comparable data (to boost automatic matching rate) : make the matching possible !
- Possibility to add new fields and to edit specific fields (e.g. internal references)
- One-to-one, one-to-many and many-to-many matching keys
- Multiple match : transaction(s) grouped in multiple ways as ‘offered matches’
- Multi sources matching
Thanks to intra-day cash management, XMS Cash is a usefull tool in treasury management.
Comprehensive Functionality and full Flexibility
XMS Cash is thoroughly integrated with the XMS solutions range to enable complete transaction processing on a single platform. In the same way, XMS Cash takes advantage of XMS STP and thus provides full flexibility and comprehensive functionality and, consequently, high scalability. Easy to integrate into existing hardware and software environments, XMS Cash is architected as a end-to end processing package :
- data integration
- eXtensible Matching System : cash reconciliation (any message format ; any source)
- eXception Management System : valuation, risk levels classification, exceptions’ cases, user-defined workflow (dynamic & routed follow-ups), dynamic & multi criteria exceptions dasboards, charts & stats, etc. => risk oriented reconciliation & streamlined exceptions resolution
XMS Cash reconcilie : Nostrii, internal accounts, mirror accounts (B2B institutions), main cash accounts (subsidiaries <=> HeadOffice).
Pro Active Risk Control
XMS Cash automatically attributes a risk level to each exception for better follow-up and resolution (priority escalation). A dynamic dashboard shows an overall view of the exceptions, differently splitted in various possible groups according to : risk levels, age ranges, valuation ranges, ... All exception information is available from the dashboard (drill-down functionality).